Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Stage 2 Finish - Diana Carolin's Diary

Carlitzdorp to Prince Albert was a Journey into some of the darker places I have been in my cycling career. The first 75km's was a good ride and then we hit the bottom of the pass. At first I thought, what is all the fuss about? And then it slowly began to dawn on me as we started to climb steeper and steeper slopes. 
Each corner I thought this had to be the last one but it wasn't. At one stage I had to stop and have a pep talk with myself. At last a camera man said one more corner to go and there were the banners! A happy sight. Finished second in solo female group with a time of 05:46:14, just 4 mins behind the winner. 
For a detailed list of results, please click here.  For additional information about the race, please click here.  Follow me on twitter here.

No comments: