Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Stage 1 Finish - Diana Carolin's Diary

After yesterdays success, I was to start in the front group with all the pros. Quite a daunting prospect. We set off behind the neutral zone car along the tar and then turned right onto the dirt and we were off. All was going well until I took a corner too fast and landed on the floor in a pile of dust. After straightening up my handlebars and dusting myself off it was back on the bike. 
We passed the rooiberg mountain which was stunning and all was going well. We slogged up the last climb and descended into the valley where I discovered I had a puncture so had to stop and plug it which cost me a lot of time. Thanks to my epic partner 2013 I was soon on my way again and apart from a bit of a cramp I finally reached the school in Carlitzdorp and at last the finish.  I am currently in 3rd position in the Solo Women category with a time of 05:17:51.
For a detailed list of results, please click here.  For additional information about the race, please click here.  Follow me on twitter here.

No comments: